1 gallon of water
3/4 cup black tea (I use Rooibos for my children and it's a lovely substitute)
12 oz ginger–not necessary to peel (roughly broken into inch pieces, thrown whole into blender w/water to cover, blend until coarsely ground)
1 tbsp cardamom
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp clove
1 tsp black pepper
Local honey to taste
1. Boil water and ginger
2. When reaches a rolling boil, add in all spices and tea. Let the bubbles pull all the spices & tea down into the pot. Do not stir, let the boiling water do the stirring.
3. Once the spices and tea have been pulled down and integrated in, cover, turn off and let sit for 15 minutes.
4. Bring to a rolling boil again, turn off & let sit for 15 minutes.
5. Repeat step 4. Turn off. Cover.
6. Strain and jar it. I keep a gallon jug in the refrigerator as a concentrate and add the milk of my choice each time I want a cup. It will last at least 4 weeks.
So if you have time to do so - make yourself a batch and sip on it all week.
It's great iced as well.
Back to Gina’s Fresh Picked Recipes